Paystack Payments Inc
Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 17,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses.
Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 17,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
At Paystack, we believe that we will win by recruiting talented people and giving them the space, resources, and support to do the best work of their lives. We hire the most capable people, treat them with genuine respect, and give them the means to succeed. And we’d love your help!
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products or systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail, and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems and helping people.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Paystack’s engineering teams.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- You have experience working with Unix based systems. Experience with AWS is an added advantage.
- Experience in building large, highly available distributed systems. Experience as a team lead is an added advantage.
- Ability and desire to work in our collaborative environment: open team room, pair programming and fluid interactions with all products and operations teams
- Interest in TDD and specific experiences using a test-heavy approach to solve problems and create solutions
- Focus on building solutions utilizing an agile approach: close relationships with Product Managers, communicating and digesting real-time feedback, and working smart to build story cards on a daily basis
Full medical coverage
Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
Application Instructions – Read carefully!
Please click the “Apply for Job” button (it can be found at the bottom of this page) to submit your application.
In your application:
Please attach your CV / Resume
Attach a Cover Letter – your cover letter should explain how your skills and experiences make you uniquely qualified to excel in this role.
Answer the accompanying application questions – there’ll be further instructions about how best to answer these questions on the page
Aptitude Test: after you submit this application form, you’ll automatically receive an email with a link to an online aptitude test. Please complete the aptitude test as soon as possible. Your application will not be considered complete until the aptitude test is submitted.
Questions? Please contact Steve Amaza at steve[at]paystack.com